Sunday 13 September 2009

Rants and other things

Just been looking at most of these blogs I've been writing recently, and most of them seem to be rants moaning, albeit sensibly, about things that annoy me.

On that subject, one of my moans was the demise of the normal electric light bulb. I'm happy to report that my package of a number of 100 and 150W bulbs arrived safely the other day and I'm basking in wonder at how much better the light from a 150W bulb, even dimmed to 80%, is than the corresponding low energy CLF bulb. Actually, you can't easily get low energy bulbs that mimic bulbs of more than 75W. It seems that the powers that be have decided that is the maximum equivalent energy that we all need. No doubt people making these decisions have perfect eyesight and don't use glasses.

Away from bulbs, it's amazing how again the weather has transformed itself yesterday from a pleasant late summer to a real autumnal day. Just as well I decided to start the new series of Sunday evening Roast Dinners. Roast chicken, roast potatoes, stuffing, brocolli and gravy... Yum... Also scheduled is an apple crumble pudding but a little full to munch our way through that just at this minute... Oh and of course a nice bottle of wine to share.

My glass needs a refill so I'll stop here for now.

(PS must get round to explaining the advantages of tweeting to those who don't come to this blog via twitter! All in good time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment